Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pizza that looks like ice cream???

That's pretty much how I would describe Cone Pizza, which is being sold at this cozy little shop of the same name which I went to visit at Kota Damansara. Basically, as the name suggests, the main food served are pizzas, but not traditional flat and round pizzas, but pizzas in the shape of a cone! The crust is hard, and the cone is filled with the pizza toppings. So it's tastes pretty much like a normal pizza, but you eat it like an ice cream. Nifty concept, eh?

So the one I tried was the Hot & Spicy Chicken pizza, which on the website looks like this:


But in real life, it comes out looking like this:
The top layer is cheese, and the juicy fillings are all underneath, as shown below once the cheezy top layer went into my tummy.

As small as it looks, one cone pizza is actually quite filling. So if you have a couple of friends along, like I did, all you need is to order one cone, and maybe share a pasta if you have a big-ish appetite, plus a drink, and you're good to go. My two buddies and I order a couple more plates of pasta (one was kid's size). The pasta was not particularly special, although pretty good as well. Unfortunately I didn't bother to take photos coz' I was too amused with the cone pizza. One of these babies cost about RM9 to RM11, depending on what you order. Pasta also costs just a little more, again depending on what you order, so the prices are pretty reasonable. All in all, between the 3 of us, we paid about RM17 each for two cone pizzas, one regular pasta, one kid's size pasta, 3 drinks and a bowl of mushroom soup.

Check out the website for more yummy offerings. Definitely an interesting new thing to try. ;)


Share/Bookmark

0 red comments: