Saturday, September 11, 2010

A day at Sunway Giza

Actually the post title should be ANOTHER day at Sunway Giza (located at Kota Damansara), coz' last week I went there with some friends, Sonia and Meng Yean. Just that I was so amazed at how different this shopping complex was compared to the many other shopping complexes I've been to, that I couldn't get enough of it the first time round. So yesterday I kinda dragged a few more buddies with me to Sunway Giza again, for a better hang out time.

The design of this place is fascinating! Like most shopping places have shops on different floors that are connected, but at Sunway Giza, the shops on the higher floors are not connected.... but you have to go up to each shop with separate stairways (some have lifts). That sounds kinda weird, I know, but there aren't as many shops here as there is at a normal shopping complex, and most of the shops here are totally new and different from normal places. There are quite a number of interesting restaurants, a few bars, a KTV I've seen elsewhere, and shops with various knick knacks. It's just...cool. :)

Here are a couple of panoramas of the place I took from different positions of the atrium, so you can see how it looks like overall (just click on the pics for a larger size).




A view of some of the bars and pubs in the shopping complex itself, including The Beer Factory, Bistro Bola (for footie fans?) and Movida. Movida apparently has a different naughty theme each day of the week, judging from the buntings!



Here's a view of Teo Heng KTV, which I've never seen anywhere else. Being a karaoke junkie, I'll make sure to visit this place one day when I'm up for killing people softly with some songs.

The place right under Teo Heng is Moe De Cafe, which is a cool looking cafe with reasonably priced food, and apparently they have a different theme each month coz' they had a big banner outside saying 'Month of Maids', and all the waitresses were wearing maid uniforms. Ain't that cute.


I was so intrigued by the concept, I also coerced my friends into having dinner there. Results of which I will save for next post. :)

Some other fancy smancy restaurants worth mentioning is 'Full House', which is apparently deemed a lifestyle store and cafe. I'm not too sure why, but the decor of the place looked like a garden party kind of thing, the menu not only included list of food, but also something other stuff apparently for sale. Sonia mentioned that she heard the food there is good but prices are high for small portions. I haven't tried that place yet so I have no comment. But it's looks like a fancy enough place for cool people to hang out at. :D


Another interesting looking restaurant was Uncle Prawn. I'm not quite sure what's the specialty here, but it's definitely a Chinese restaurant. And they have a dish called 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'. So it's gotta be interesting. :)

There are many more interesting and new shops at Sunway Giza... this is kinda just the tip of the iceberg. Another cool thing is that the entrances for the whole place are wide open, meaning it's not totally air-conditioned inside. But the place is kept cool by giant-sized fan on the high ceiling. As shown below with my buddy Damien in the pic. That bugger is 3 storeys high, by the way (the fan, not Damien).

All in all, Sunway Giza is a pretty different place to hang out compared to other shopping complexes. Not very good for shopping per se, but nice if you like to try new things and hang out at nice bars with your friends over a drink. :)


Share/Bookmark

0 red comments: