Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Makan-makan at Moe de Cafe

Gosh, I'm posting so much about food, this could almost be a food blog. And I wonder why I'm putting on weight. Duh.

So in my last post I wanted to talk about my visit to Moe De Cafe at Sunway Giza with some buddies. And I also mentioned that this cafe is having a Month of Maids theme where all the waitresses wear maid costumes. Well, I kidded you not, here's the pic to prove it!

They come in cute fluffy slippers too! The girl in pink was our waitress, and she wasn't too happy about me taking a pic of her (I guess they must get a lot of people taking pics of them. Heh!). But she was still nice about it.

The cafe sells quite a lot of food, both local and western, at pretty reasonable prices. I ordered a bowl of ramen noodles with seafood, which came at RM12.90 for a big bowl, and it tasted pretty good. Came with some nice big juicy prawns, a mussel, and some squid.


Damien, ie. the Damester, ordered a plate of cheese baked rice with beef, which was also pretty good, and looks like so.

Sonia and Meag Yean order cheese baked rice with chicken wings, which looks like the above except there are chicken wings and not beef. Go figure. The one with beef cost RM13.90, while the one with chicken was only RM12.90. Not too bad for cheese baked rice. Another buddy, Chee Yim, ordered a bento box. Which looked like this.

I'm not a big fan of bento boxes, but this looked pretty ok. I didn't manage to get her opinion of it though. I also ordered some fried soft-shelled crabs as a snack. These cost RM10.90 and tasted quite yummy.

Drinks were pretty good as well. The cafe is having a promotion where all drinks are 50% off for the whole month, so a drink like the following red bean yam drink which usually costs RM6 (or something like that) came at half price).


I ordered a cool looking blue ocean, which comes with vanilla ice cream.
The Damester ordered something else at first, but was told it wasn't available so he ordered the same thing as me. Then the naughty guy started playing with his food.

We both liked our blue ocean!

Oh yeah, they had a cute ash tray in the shape of a robot kitty cat. That was cute too. :)

So I have no gripes about the food or service, however, some things I and my buddies didn't like was that the menu font was red against a black background, and the lighting at the place was dim, which made the menu so difficult to read. At least it had pictures. Another gripe is that most of the drinks listed in the menu were not available at least 3 or 4 pages worth of drinks! Like WAT duh.... And apparently certain drinks become unavailable after 9pm . According to the waitress this is because the drinks run out at the time, but we suspect it's more likely coz' they want to sell beer after 9pm.

Another weird thing is that the first table we sat at, the seats were too low and too cushy that we sank into the seats, and we knew this would be it too uncomfortable to eat. So we moved to another table with hard chairs, and this was fine. They seriously need to look into changing those green seats.

But otherwise, I thought the place was ok. Maybe the food was not spectacular, but good enough for the price. Hope I get more chances to try the other restaurants at Sunway Giza... all in due time, com-padres !


Share/Bookmark

0 red comments: