Monday, September 6, 2010

Ninjas need burgers too, HAI!

I've just been out and about reading other people's blogs. And reading other people's blogs have inspired me to get out these lazy fingers and start blogging again. Let's see how long this holds up, people.

Some time ago I popped by Tropicana Mall at Damansara for a dog carnival. My folks brought my pampered mutt of a shih tzu there, where she proceeded to bark at every dog that came within one meter of her. Friendly dog she is. Anyway, I'll save the pooch pics for later. I wanna ramble about a cute little food joint I visited there called Ninja Joe.

As the name does not imply, Ninja Joe sells Western food. Very limited choices of western food. Specifically pork burgers (they don't call them ham burgers here in Malaysia although technically it's the same thing ...actually it's the first time I've seen any burgers with any pork/ham in Malaysia! There's a reason for that which doesn't take much to figure out). They also sell french fries, lemonade or green tea, as well as 'shurikens' (pork fried with potatoes). And the number of pork burgers you get depends on the number of ninjas you bring along. If you are solo ninja, you buy one burger. If you are two ninjas, you get two burgers. If you are big boss, you get big burger. Observe the menu as follows.



There is also a nice ninja lady serving at the counter. Well, just a lady in a kimodo. That doesn't really count as a ninja, but at least it's Japanese-y.


Not sure what was up with the transformers pic on the wall though.

Maybe ninjas learned how to transform! :D


And here was what I ordered. A humble pork burger, lemonade and french fries.

If you're thinking that burger looks kinda small, you are CORRECT. It was dang small for RM5.50. Although I would say the pork patty was nice. But not nice enough for RM5.50. The french fries did not taste particularly special, like something you can buy at the supermarket and fry yourself at home. And the lemonade, well it was different from what other fast food joints had to offer, so that's ok.

So all in all, the food was not that great although the concept is interesting. Like what do ninjas have to do with burgers and fries? Why, absolutely nothing! That's why it's COOL.

My friend Walter was also ranting about Ninja Joe on his Gmail Buzz, so here was our buzzy conversation:


Walter - Complaining


I have a complain to make. There was this really horrible place I went last week (or so) and I was suppose to give it a review.

But..

I can't remember where it is or what happened..

Ugh..

That being said, Ninja Joe sucks. Only the patty tastes decent. Everything else is horrible (especially the shop, it looks so nice from outside).

Yes, this post is for not posting for so long. HahA!

Carol - I just went to Ninja Joe last Sunday at Tropicana Mall. Burger is small and pretty pricey, just the meat is nice, that's about it.

Walter -
Hey! I have exactly the same thoughts!!

But worse. The kitchen is extremely disgusting and the person serving seems to have some sort of horrible mood yesterday


Carol - I didn't see the kitchen. How did you manage to see the kitchen?

I haven't tried to shurikens though. Are they any good?


Walter - No idea. I only had a big boss and lemonade and fries. The fries = yuck.

Carol -
the fries were normal lah. I wouldn't say yuck.

Walter - well it was yuck for me. It was dry.

Carol -
tastes like something you could buy off the supermarket and fry yourself, that's all.

wouldn't mind trying the shurikens next time.


Therefore it has been doubly confirmed that the food is not that great. But I have no comment on the shurikens coz' I haven't tried them.

You have been warned, ninja-san!


Share/Bookmark

0 red comments: